Lean Education Enterprises, Inc.’s Le2 ™ Program is a dynamic continuous improvement process that promotes healthy evaluation. It asks questions such as, Can this be done in a better way or with a better outcome? What can be eliminated in the process without reducing value to the customer/end-user? The program is proactive rather than reactive. It seeks to anticipate and prevent problems rather than fix and resolve them.
STREAMLINE WORK – ONLY DO WHAT ADDS VALUE
The Le2 Program seeks to improve processes by streamlining them. This is accomplished by looking at individual process steps from the end-user’s viewpoint to identify, reduce and eventually eliminate anything that does not add value. Anything that does not add value is looked upon as waste. When waste is eliminated, only value remains.
WASTE COSTS MORE THAN YOU MIGHT THINK
Process waste directly causes:
- Inefficiency: The U.S. is first and third in the world in education spending at the primary and secondary levels, respectively (total: $50 billion annually) yet ranks lower in achievement than some third world countries.
- Diminished performance: At least 67 percent of students tested on NAEP cannot perform at the required “proficient” level in any subject area.
- Process delays: Productive time with students declines as the number of meetings, committees, task forces, and advisory boards increases.
PROCESS IMPROVEMENT ALWAYS RESULTS IN POSITIVE OUTCOMES
When tailored to the school’s or district’s specific needs and systemically applied, the Le2 Program produces the same outcomes:
- Increased performance
- Increased delivery/effectiveness
- Cost savings
- Increased employee satisfaction
- Increased student and parent satisfaction
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
Benefits for Students
- Empower yourself to achieve the level of learning you yearn for
- Control and manage your own personal learning process
- Feel more motivated as you gain more success
Benefits for Teachers
- Free your time to plan and teach
- Increase your ability to deliver curriculum that supports active and involved student learning
- Empower your students to master the skills essential in their own learning process
- Enable students to improve their own performance
- Give your students learning tools that will help them for the rest of their lives
- Address problems proactively, not reactively
- Simplify and streamline planning, processes and activities
Benefits for School Administrators
- Harness the talent and skills of your staff to enhance team performance and effectiveness
- Identify systemic and process waste that impedes your ability to reach your goals
- Streamline school operations
- Improve service quality and public image
- Build morale
- Maximize the use of your available resources
Benefits for the Community
- Improve the school/district image
- Attract more students
- Know your children are getting a top-quality education